The Association for Writing Across the Curriculum (AWAC) is a professional organization that brings together the intellectual, human, political, and economic capital of the Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) community to better support and grow WAC as a global intellectual and pedagogical movement.
AWAC promotes initiatives that support students’ writing across their academic careers, faculty development related to student writing and writing pedagogy, and research into writing across domains (e.g. disciplines, professions, communities, and academic levels) and transnationally.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- AWAC Virtual Webinar: Closing the Assessment Loop: February 21, 1:00-2:00 pm EST: registration is open (restricted to AWAC Members)
- Call for proposals for AWAC-sponsored panel at the Latin American Association for the Study of Writing in Higher Education and Professional Contexts (ALES), Joao Pessoa, Brazil, Nov 9-11, 2020: AWAC members are invited to submit proposals to serve as panelists for this AWAC-sponsored session; CFP deadline is Feb. 29, 2020
- IWAC Travel Awards available to AWAC Graduate Student Members: application deadline is April 1
- AWAC Annual Business Meeting: March 28, 2020, 2:00-5:00 p.m, in the Wisconsin Center, room 103 A (during the Conference for College Composition and Communication in Milwaukee; open meeting)
- International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference (IWAC): June 3-6, 2020, at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado: registration is open (AWAC members receive a registration discount)
- WAC Summer Institute: May 31-June 3, 2020, Fort Collins, CO (all spots have filled, but names are being accepted for the waitlist).