The Association for Writing Across the Curriculum (AWAC) is a professional organization that brings together the intellectual, human, political, and economic capital of the Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) community to better support and grow WAC as a global intellectual and pedagogical movement.
AWAC promotes initiatives that support students’ writing across their academic careers, faculty development related to student writing and writing pedagogy, and research into writing across domains (e.g. disciplines, professions, communities, and academic levels) and transnationally.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- Enroll as a mentor or mentee in WAC-GO Cross-Institutional Mentoring Project: August 24, 2020 EDT
- AWAC Annual Open Business Meeting: June 9, 2020, 3:30-5:00 pm EDT
- AWAC/WAC Clearinghouse Awards for Publications and Achievements: nomination deadline extended to fall 2020; TBD
- WAC Summer Institute: August 1-4, 2021, Fort Collins, CO (all spots have filled, but names are being accepted for the waitlist).
- International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference (IWAC): August 4-7, 2021, at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado: registration is currently on hold. Please check the site soon. (AWAC members receive a registration discount.)