The Association for Writing Across the Curriculum (AWAC) is a professional organization that brings together the intellectual, human, political, and economic capital of the Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) community to better support and grow WAC as a global intellectual and pedagogical movement.
AWAC promotes initiatives that support students’ writing across their academic careers, faculty development related to student writing and writing pedagogy, and research into writing across domains (e.g. disciplines, professions, communities, and academic levels) and transnationally.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- Virtual WAC Discussion Groups: March 27, 4:30-5:30 pm (register by Friday, March 27, at noon to choose a discussion group)
- IWAC Travel Awards available to AWAC Graduate Student Members: application deadline is April 1
- AWAC/WAC Clearinghouse Awards for Publications and Achievements: nomination deadline is April 7
- AWAC Annual Business Meeting: TBD
- WAC Summer Institute: May 31-June 3, 2020, Fort Collins, CO (all spots have filled, but names are being accepted for the waitlist).
- International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference (IWAC): June 3-6, 2020, at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado: registration is open (AWAC members receive a registration discount)