The advocacy committee works to promote the intellectual, human, political, and economic capital of the writing across the curriculum community to better support and grow WAC as a global intellectual and pedagogical movement tradition through lobbying at local, regional, and national levels; encouraging research on the impact of WAC policies and programs; initiating resolutions and statements to be adopted by K-12, colleges, and universities, as well as other national organizations like NCTE, MLA, TYCA, ATTW, and AAUP. This committee will also work with associated partners like the WAC Clearinghouse, WRAB, and the CCCC WAC Standing Group to distribute and sustain the results of its efforts and to support the advocacy efforts of those other organizations.
- 2019 Writing Across the Curriculum Summer InstituteSun Jun 23 2019 - Wed Jun 26 2019
- AWAC Members receive discount on Quinnipiac University’s 7th Biennial Critical Thinking and Writing Conference January 11, 2019
- Call for submissions to The Undergraduate Journal of Contemporary Issues and Media November 14, 2018
- 2018 AWAC Executive Board Candidates November 2, 2018
- Welcome to the AWAC website! November 1, 2018