The advocacy committee works to promote the intellectual, human, political, and economic capital of the writing across the curriculum community to better support and grow WAC as a global intellectual tradition through lobbying at local, regional, and national levels; encouraging research on the impact of WAC policies and programs; initiating resolutions and statements to be adopted by K-12, colleges, and universities, as well as other national organizations like NCTE, MLA, TYCA, ATTW, and AAUP. The committee is especially dedicated to advocating on the behalf of graduate students and adjunct faculty engaged in writing across the curriculum work. This committee also works with associated partners like the WAC Clearinghouse, WAC-GO, IWAC conference, WAC institute, WRAB, and the CCCC WAC Standing Group to distribute and sustain the results of its efforts and to support the advocacy efforts of those other organizations.
- 2019 Writing Across the Curriculum Summer InstituteSun Jun 23 2019 - Wed Jun 26 2019
- Zoom into the AWAC Business Meeting on March 16 March 5, 2019
- WAC Sessions and Events at CCCC 2019 March 1, 2019
- AWAC Business Meeting at CCCC February 21, 2019
- Join an AWAC Committee! January 22, 2019
- AWAC Members receive discount on Quinnipiac University’s 7th Biennial Critical Thinking and Writing Conference January 11, 2019