The goal of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee is to promote diversity within AWAC as well as across WAC more broadly.
- Consider diversity and inclusion along the lines of: demographics/identity, institutional type, disciplinary backgrounds, institutional roles, language
- Diversity and inclusion should be made accountable by all AWAC committees and efforts;
- Efforts should go beyond being welcoming and participation of a diversity of membership and also consider long-term sustainability;
- Considering who the conference is for, with attention to various (and variety of) stakeholders.
- Identifying what has been working so far to build or maintain diversity and inclusion in the organization/community;
- Each committee’s annual report to include explicit accountability of diversity and inclusion efforts;
- Dejargoning; making language in the organization, community, conferences, journals more accessible to a wider audience and participants
Diversity and Inclusion Committee Meeting Minutes
Minutes from Diversity and Inclusion Committee meetings are available to all AWAC members.