The Promoting Partnerships Committee is charged with developing and sustaining formal and informal partnerships with organizations whose purposes align with the goals of AWAC. These include higher education organizations such as CWPA, IWCA, and CCCC and K-12 organizations such as NWP and NCTE. Partnership activities may include:
- Faculty development opportunities and events
- Events and resources to support student writing
- Events and resources aimed at promoting research in writing
- Events and resources focused on advocacy
- Representing AWAC on boards and committees of related organizations
The Promoting Partnerships committee should work closely with the other AWAC committees through the Executive Board to align outreach efforts with the work of the various AWAC committees and the goals of the organization.