The 2020 WAC Summer Institute has been postponed until August 1-4, 2021. Those registered for the 2020 WACSI will receive first priority.
This 2021 WAC Summer Institute will take place Sunday evening, August 1, through Wednesday noon, August 4, 2021, at Colorado State University.
Purpose & Agenda
The Institute’s primary goal will be to assist new and prospective leaders of WAC/WID or similar initiatives in the US and internationally at planning and developing their programs. The Institute will also support experienced directors who face new challenges or wish to expand, update, or revitalize their programs.
The two-and-half-day institute agenda will include workshops on understanding, planning, developing, and leading WAC/WID programs, as well as small group meetings that provide mentoring and networking opportunities. Chris Anson (North Carolina State University) and Cristyn Elder (University of New Mexico) will be the lead facilitators.
The $750 registration fee includes a Sunday evening reception; breakfast, lunch, and snacks for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; and a Monday evening dinner.
For housing, a single room dorm package for August 1-4 is $225.22. A double room split with a roommate would be $154.30 per person, and a double room with a guest would be $308.49. You can additionally add a Wednesday evening (August 4) if you are planning to stay in the same room through the IWAC conference for $75.07.
We will offer one graduate student scholarship that covers the registration fee. (More info to come.)
Registration will open in the fall 2020 semester. Those who were originally registered for the 2020 WACSI will receive first priority, and then registration and a waitlist will open to others. Registration will cap at 33 participants + one graduate student scholarship winner.
WACSI Committee and Contact
- Current Leader: Chris Anson, North Carolina State University
- Incoming Leader: Cristyn Elder, University of New Mexico
- Outgoing Leader: Jeff Galin, Florida Atlantic University
- Planning Member: Teresa Redd, Howard University
- Planning Member: Rebecca Nowacek, Marquette University
- Planning Member: Genevieve García de Müeller, Syracuse University
- Co-Chair: Terry Zawacki, George Mason University
- Co-Chair: Alisa Russell, University of Kansas
- Local Host: Mike Palmquist, Colorado State University
- Local Coordinator: Cookie Egret, Colorado State University
Email AWACSummerInstitute@gmail.com for more information.