Registration Opens December 16 @ 1:00 PM EST
[Link will go live at registration time]
This 2020 WAC Summer Institute will take place Sunday evening, May 31, through Wednesday noon, June 3, 2020, at Colorado State University.
Purpose & Agenda
The Institute’s primary goal will be to assist new and prospective leaders of WAC/WID or similar initiatives in the US and internationally at planning and developing their programs. The Institute will also support experienced directors who face new challenges or wish to expand, update, or revitalize their programs.
The two-and-half-day institute agenda will include workshops on understanding, planning, developing, and leading WAC/WID programs, as well as small group meetings that provide mentoring and networking opportunities. Chris Anson (North Carolina State University) and Cristyn Elder (University of New Mexico) will be the lead facilitators.
The $750 registration fee includes a Sunday evening reception; breakfast, lunch, and snacks for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; and a Monday evening dinner.
Dorm housing and an optional outing may be added for additional costs.
We will offer one graduate student scholarship that covers the registration fee. (More info to come.)
Registration opens on December 16 at 1:00 PM EST at the following site: https://conferencereg.colostate.edu/wacsi
Registration will reach capacity at 30 participants, and a waitlist can be joined after. Registered participants may cancel for a full refund up to Thursday, April 30.
Five registration slots will be reserved for waitlisted participants from the previous institute who join the 2020 waitlist within the first 24 hours.
WACSI Committee and Contact
- Current Leader: Chris Anson, North Carolina State University
- Incoming Leader: Cristyn Elder, University of New Mexico
- Outgoing Leader: Jeff Galin, Florida Atlantic University
- Planning Member: Teresa Redd, Howard University
- Planning Member: Rebecca Nowacek, Marquette University
- Planning Member: Genevieve García de Müeller, Syracuse University
- Co-Chair: Terry Zawacki, George Mason University
- Co-Chair: Alisa Russell, University of Kansas
- Local Host: Mike Palmquist, Colorado State University
- Local Coordinator: Cookie Egret, Colorado State University
Email AWACSummerInstitute@gmail.com for more information.